Saturday, January 8, 2011

Processing the Process

My girlfriend Gina came over yesterday for a studio visit. I was cutting a mat for a piece that was finished (I thought). We decided to go down to La Vida Gallery, so I put off framing the new collage. This morning I got up at five and realized it really wasn't finished. It was an incomplete story. The fact that I had already matted it didn't matter, it just needed another small dimension. Here is the before and after. It's not necessarily better, just different, and I am much happier with it. The "before" is the top image. After I added the second profile on the right, it brought the focus back into the center of the collage. This one is titled The Cat's Dilemma. There's a whole mini-drama behind what's going on in this composition but that's for me to know and you to figure out!