Friday, February 4, 2011

Old dog, new tricks, lazy blogger

I have LABS (lazy artist blogger syndrome) - no entries for several weeks - but the good part is, I've been working - a lot! Custom Kindle cover requests are coming in and I've sold over 70 covers since my Etsy shop opened in August. It's wonderful, lots of experimenting and learning - speaking of learning . . .one of the things I discovered after getting back into collage after so long away is the slew of new products available, mostly thanks to the scrapbookers out there.
I was watching a collage video on You Tube and the demonstrator kept talking about Soft Get for adhering paper - what's that?? I found some at Michael's and tried it - great stuff! It works beautifully for delicate papers such as joss and tea papers. Here's a pic of one of the latest covers with joss paper accents:

It also makes a good over-coating because it's quite flexible and transparent.
Another news flash - it snowed in San Antonio this morning. Trinity University is closed, so I get to spend the day in the studio - yay! Here's a view out the studio doors - poor Prius.