Saturday, June 18, 2011

Garden of the Gods

What an inspiring trip - seeing Carol Mylar is always a delight. I have missed sharing a studio with her so much. I'm here at the Garden of the Gods club in colorado Springs soaking in the cool weather and the mountains. Art, food, friendshop, fun - all of it.
Yesterday was Rich Designs, a visit to Carol's amazing friend Rori, lunch at the Broadmoor, shopping and looking, a facial for each of us at the Spa, and a wonderful diner and conversation. I'm writing in Goina's journal all of the new ideas that seem to come to me effortlessly when I'm here with Carol.

Photos:
Top: Grilled vegetable salad at the Broadmore - art in itself, delicious, too

Next: Favorite artist Gwen Fox is now creating tiny boxes with painted tops - lovely idea

Next: She is also incorporating calligraphic elements in her paintings

Next: I get to cut my own geode at a mineral shop near the Broadmoor

Next: The incomparable Broadmoor

Bottom: Kissing Camels outside my terrace - beautiful view of the Garden of the gods