Friday, July 15, 2011

Scent Shards debut - first sale

I had what stores call a "soft opening" when I posted my first Scent Shard sculptures on the ETSY gallery site this morning, and darned if one didn't sell right off the bat. I was absolutely delighted. Two more sets sold to a friend, so I'm working away getting ready for my Etsy art showcase next Thursday. Also, Carole at La Vida Gallery wants to carry them, and lots of other people have shown interest. We'll see how far it goes, but right now, I'm having a good time working with clay and I look forward to firing my own kiln next week. Here is a link to one of the Scent Shards on ETSY, and here is another link to a short YouTube video that I did this afternoon, totally unrehearsed but enjoyable, as I described the process of making the molds and then pressing the sculptures.
So stop and smell the shards!