Saturday, March 24, 2012

Re-Coverie Journals

Funny name, but these little journals are the result of several friends' advice urging me to reproduce my original journal and kindle designs. These "Re-Coverie" journals (appropriate name in many ways) are traditional chapbook construction which feature a color scan of the original designs. The smaller version, little journals that are 5x7", are sewn with elastic metallic cord so that the "tail" of the book can be pulled over as a closure. My friend Gina gave me good advice on trimming the pages. I'm happy with the results, plus it's a good way for me to keep track of my original designs from now on.
In the first photo, you can see the original covers with their Re-Coverie Journal counterparts, and in the last one you can see the inside of the journals with a library card on the left side for notes and cards and an explanation of the design on the right side. These will sell (I'm hoping) for about $10.
What is it about spring that gets creative ideas running rampant?