Sunday, October 14, 2012

Spirit Dolls Abound! Thanks, Joanna!

Joanna Powell Colbert is an artist and inspriation. She sent me a note today via Facebook:

Hi Lyn! I started my tutorial on making Spirit Dolls on my blog today. Just wanted you to know -- hoping to send lots of folks your way.
Blessings!
Joanna
http://www.gaiansoul.com/2012/10/how-to-make-a-spirit-doll-step-1/


These amazing creations really do give new life and spirit to the little shard faces. It's exciting to be a part of it in a small way. Joanna's work is incredible. I hope you have a chance to look at her beautiful Gaian Tarot Cards. I ordered a deck when I first "met" her on Etsy and each one is a wonderful work of art and human-ness. I'm going to follow her tutorial and see where it takes me - surely to some new ideas for Spirit Boxes and collages. Here's Joanna's photograph from her blog, Gaian Soul: