Thursday, December 23, 2010

Gina's Beautiful Handcrafted Journal

I sincerely hope that my son Rick doesn't read this post before Saturday - it's about his Christmas gift that I commissioned from my friend and fellow artist Gina Mitsdarfer. I always have trouble finding something special for him but when Gina showed me a journal she had made for her trip to Ireland this fall, I loved it and knew Rick would, too. See her Ireland journal here.
For his gift journal, she crafted a brown leather wrap cover that closes with a silver Celtic dragon ornament, and the inside paper is beautiful ivory. Gina includes touches like pockets and envelopes to hold notes and tickets, and her hand painted divider pages are amazing. It's a perfect blend of form and function - the thought and craftsmanship she puts into her work is inspiring. Thanks, Gina, this is a treasure.