Saturday, December 4, 2010

Godbye My Lady


My favorite of four new works was happily someone else's favorite at last night's opening of LaVida Gallery in Southtown. It's my new art venue, and the owner, Carole, has been wonderfully supportive. When I brought in four pieces at the last minute, she hung them in a great spot
And my collage, Lady of Anjou, sold! I even got to meet and talk to the buyer.
The opening itself, held on the established First Friday art night in San Antonio, featured musicians, food and wine and a lovely courtyard for visiting outside on the balmy evening.
It's nice to be a productive artist with a sale - Carole wants more work and I think I'm on a new creative track with this series, not too far from what I've been doing with the Kindle covers, but a bit more narrative.
Carole hung my work on a vivid green wall - I wondered about the contrast, but it worked! See for yourself.