Monday, June 11, 2012

So much to steal, so little time

After five days in DC and Rehoboth Beach, my swag bag of ideas is full, and I can't wait to get back to the studio. Some of the stash:
Raku bugs on clay rattles
Frameless framing
Shellacked manilla paper with inkjet prints
Multi minicanvas construction ....and doubtless many more from today's National Building Museum visit.
I've read two amazing books on this trip - Steal Like an Artist and I'd Rather Be in the Studio.Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative
I'd Rather Be in the Studio: The Artist's No-Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion

The first is about making ideas your own by building on the timeless collaborative community of artists everywhere, and the second is on getting the word out about your art for the best reasons.
Stay tuned for the results of my insipratons - I'm ready to get back home and get to work.