Thursday, August 5, 2010

Serendipity and Studio Sharing

In an earlier post, I described the collage and journaling workshop that my friend Pat and I attended at the Mind Science Foundation. The facilitator was Jennifer Martin, a wonderful artist, photographer, writer and designer. We made plans to visit each others' studios and share ideas - we did that very thing today! Our houses and studios were so much alike that it was almost eerie, but somehow each of us expected that. Here are some photos from Jennifer's home and studio. I loved everything about her work - she "gifted" me with a lovely photo card of one of her spiral motif textiles. I learned a lot about foil screening, a technique I've not used before but definitely want to try. In the book Art and Fear, artists are encouraged to seek out other like-minded artistic people, and I can see why - visiting with Jennifer affirmed the value of creativity and collaboration.